- Date: June 6 – June 7, 2019
- Venue: University of California, Irvine (map)
- Fee: The workshop is free but space is limited; preference given to those who submit abstracts and apply early.
- Registration: Applications are open. Deadline for abstract submission: March 15.
- Elana Fertig (Johns Hopkins)
- Martin Hemberg (Sanger Institute)
- Ben Raphael (Princeton)
- Michael Stumpf (University of Melbourne)
The incredible pace of development of single-cell sequencing technologies* has led to great demand for new methods and models to make sense of these data and predict new phenomena.
The NSF-Simons Center at UCI is excited to host a two day workshop on Algorithms and models for single-cell genomics. We are bringing together the next wave of single cell technologies with mathematical and computational expertise to address compelling biological questions. We are building a computational community within single-cell biology. We are passionate about inclusion and early-career-researcher involvement.
Abstract submissions are open for contributed talks or posters. Preference will be given to applicants submitting an abstract. There are two tracks for contributed presentations, specify your preference upon submission.
- RESEARCH talks describe a traditional format: present new methods/models and their application to biological systems.
- SOFTWARE talks are a chance to showcase methods to an engaged computational audience, with less emphasis on results, and more on algorithmic development, validation & use cases. Demos are also welcome.
Travel awards are available to travel to Southern California. Please describe in brief your reasons for applying when you complete your application.
Travel & Accommodation: traveling to Irvine is easy and convenient!
John Wayne Airport (SNA). John Wayne Airport is located just 4 miles from UC Irvine. Most major carriers service this airport.
Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). Los Angeles International Airport is Southern California’s major hub and serves as the international airport of choice. LAX is located approx. 40 miles from UC Irvine. All major carriers service this airport.
Long Beach Airport (LGB). Long Beach Regional Airport is located approximately 25 miles from UC Irvine. Jet Blue Airlines and Southwest Airlines are the primary carriers who service LGB.
Participating hotels and rates are listed below. Please note that all discounted rates listed below are based on single occupancy and does not include taxes or other fees. Additional fees may apply.
1. Crowne Plaza Hotel, 3131 Bristol St, Costa Mesa, CA 92626 — $119-$139/night
Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Reservation Booking Link.
You may also call Giovanna direct at 714-913-9058 or email request to firstname.lastname@example.org Please mention NSF – Simons Center at UCI.
- Complimentary American Breakfast Buffet Voucher per morning ($15.95 value)
- Complimentary parking ($14.00 value)
- Complimentary Orange County Airport (SNA) Shuttle Service
- Complimentary Hotel Shuttle Service to UCI (Subject to availability)
2. Atrium Hotel, 18700 Macarthur Boulevard, Irvine, CA 92612 — $114/night
For online bookings, visit www.atriumhotel.com and enter promo code “UCI”. Tel: 800-854-3012.
- Complimentary Shuttle to and from UCI and John Wayne Airport, & all other locations within a 3 mile radius by request only
- Complimentary hot breakfast, up to two travelers
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in all guestrooms & public spaces of the hotel
- Complimentary self-parking
3. Ayres Hotel and Suites Costa Mesa, 325 Bristol, Costa Mesa, CA 92626
UCI 2019 Rate: $120 for Deluxe Guestroom, $140 for Junior Suite (single/double occupancy). Reservations can be made online here. Tel: 800-322-9992 (Sales Fax: 714-549-3741)
- Complimentary Wireless Internet Access in guestroom & public areas
- Complimentary Freshly baked cookies in lobby each evening
- Complimentary self parking
- Shuttle to/from John Wayne Airport and UCI (subject to availability)
Contact: for any other questions about the workshop write to cellfate [at] uci.edu with ‘AMSCG 2019’ in the email subject.